JPG / JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) is a file format which is very commonly used for compressed photographic images. The generally termed JPEG file format is actually called JFIF (JPEG File Interchange Format). JPEG file can be wonderfully small, often be compressed to perhaps 1/10 of the size of the original data. The best way to store precious moments of life is to capture those moments with your camera or camcorder. JPEG photos play a crucial role in recalling your intimate moments.
Losing files from storage devices is quite common happening with most of the users. Since majority of the digital cameras and camcorders use JPEG file format to capture the best moments of everyone’s life, losing those precious photos is really frustrating. Even though it’s known fact that JPEG photos cannot be so easy to create again. But it is easy to retrieve the lost JPEG photos.
Lost photo recovery software is an appropriate tool that can help you to recover JPEG files. Photo recovery tool is most efficient among them that can recover JPEG and various formats of image files. This utility is most efficient among them that can recover JPEG and various formats of image files. This software also recovers photos from digital camcorders, iPods, mobile phones and many other digital devices. This software also help to retrieve lost pictures after system restore, to know more read here.
Scenarios responsible for loss of JPEG files:
- Improper removal of SD card: Improper removal of SD, SDHC, SDXC, and XD cards may lead to photo file corruption, photo file deletion and other data loss situations.
- Improper Mounting: When memory card is pulled out abruptly from a device like mobile or digital camera, it results in loss of JPEG or any other photos.
- Third party applications: Using an unreliable third party application may alter your computer system in a bad way and lead to deletion of JPEG files.
- Firmware Malfunction: Malfunction in the firmware or corrupted firmware also lead to firmware update failure. The firmware may be damaged due to error in downloading, any interruption while downloading the firmware or virus infection etc. Malfunctioning in the firmware may show error message like “Image cannot be saved in the memory card”.
Features of JPEG photo file recovery software:
- Quick and easy recovery of all deleted/lost photos, audio and video files.
- Built-in “Find” tool to search easily among recovered files.
- Supports JPEG file recovery on Windows and Mac OS X. So you can get back lost photos on Mac OS.
- Recover files from scratched discs by skipping the bad sectors.
- The most useful aspect about this tool is that, it has the ability to bring back deleted photos, videos and songs from hard drive, external USB drives, iPods and other storage devices in a reliable way. If you are facing difficulty in restoring the pictures fromdamaged external hard disk, then no worries as this tool is capable enough to recover pictures from damaged external hard drive very efficiently.
- Option to create ZIP format of recovered photos.
- Other than deleted files, it can retrieve lost photos from SD card after file transfer errors, corruption of file system, reformatting and so on.
Follow steps to recover JPEG:
Step 1: Download and install free demo version of JPEG photo recovery software. Once the software is launched, select "RECOVER PHOTOS" option from the main screen, refer figure 1.
Figure 1 - Main Windows
Step 2: Select "RECOVER LOST PHOTOS" option to recover lost photos, refer figure 2. Then select the storage device from where you want to recover lost JPEG images. The software scans the selected storage device to find the lost photos.
Figure 2 - Select Recover Lost Files
Step 3: After completing the image recovery process, view the recovered JPEG photos using "Preview" option, refer figure 3.
Figure 3 - Preview
Precautionary steps to recover JPEG:
- Never delete or format the storage device without taking backup.
- Avoid using the same memory card in different digital cameras.
- Always shut down the system properly.
- It is the best practice to disconnect the memory card or USB drives using “Safely Remove Hardware” icon.